Quick look at the season ahead

Today I have been looking at the fixtures for the season ahead and as I also wanted to try out my new tablet I thought that I would have a look at the prospects of the clubs I will be following. I have to admit that this post is a little late as the Eastern Counties has already got under way.  Anyway here goes with what I think can be expected from the season.

Ely City
Last time out the Robins were the surprise package in the Eastern Counties. They finished second and won the county cup despite having a fairly small budget and got through on some amazing team spirit. It's not going to be so easy this time out, but I am hoping for a top six finish.

Thetford Town
After a fantastic season in the first division of the Eastern Counties Thetford will be with Ely in the top division of the league. I think that a mid table finish should be in their grasp.  You might expect them to have a bit of momentum going into the new season,but they have lost a couple of players and there are a few clubs with fairly big budgets holding on to the top positions.

Peterborough United
The Posh are one of the smaller teams in the Championship and now that they have been forced to close their away standing end revenues are set to drop. The good news is that they have managed to keep most of the squad from last season together. Also if they do get in any trouble Darren Ferguson will probably be able to get a few reinforcements from his Dad in the transfer window. The football will probably be entertaining, but survival is probably be what they are aiming at.

Aston Villa
Looking at the fixtures and finances it's going to be hard to get to many Villa games, but with Mc.Leish gone at least there is more motivation to get up there. Lambert has brought in some handy signings with perhaps more to follow. Ironically Holman who signed on a free when Mc.Leish was still in charge looks like he could be a great player. In pre-season even Steven Ireland and Charles N'Zogbia have looked interested (even if not that great). That said money talks in the Premier League and a top half finish is probably the best we can hope for.

King's Lynn Town
The Linnets have stepped up to the Northern Premier Division 1 South and after a couple of seasons of finding life easy at Step 5, they'll be looking forward to the challenge. They may have been used to having things their own way, but despite attracting large crowds even for the Northern Premier I think that they will find life a bit harder. The transfer window has seen The Walks resemble a revolving door and it may take them a few weeks to bring the new players up to scratch. That said, I think that they'll finish in the top half.

Cambridge United
I imagine that they'll just miss out on the play-offs, but with tickets costing the same as Peterborough I doubt I'll be visiting their often

Histon
Another season of mediocrity in the Blue Square North awaits Histon. I think they'll stay up but can't see them doing much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund