End of June Playlist




June 2013 by jim_bomb on Grooveshark
http://grooveshark.com/playlist/June+2013/88140765

1 The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
After waiting 23 years to see them they were always going to be the most played band of this month. This was the song that they opened the set with at Finsbury Park.

2 The Courteeners - Sycophant
One of the support bands at Finsbury Park. I wasn't too impressed with their first album , or third album to be honest, but they weren't bad on the day and some of the songs from those albums have started to grow on me and I actually quite like Falcon - the second album which this track is taken from.

3 Tequilajazzz - Кроме звезд
These Russian rockers have been a staple of playlists over the last few months. I saw them live in Kyiv, but they packed up in 2010.

4 Воплі Відоплясова - Були на селі
Now it's time to look forward to my holiday in August and who better to get you in the mood than Kyiv's finest, Воплі Відоплясова!

5 The James Taylor Quartet - Kooks Corner
Sometimes I like a bit of Acid Jazz, not that often, but when you're in the mood TJTQ are probably the acceptable face of the genre.

6 Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People
Well, it has been a retro month and The Roses weren't the only Madchester band that I listened to.

7 Stanton Warriors - Precint
A good funky band that have featured here before and are named after a drain cover of all things.

8 The Charlatans - Blackened Blue Eyes
As I was saying the Roses weren't the only Madchester band I listened to this month.

9 Northside - My Rising Star
One of Madchester's most underrated bands.

10 The Orb - Perpetual Dawn
We've had plenty of Orbital this year and now it's The Orb's turn to take over the ambient mantle.

11 ESG - You're No Good
They were a soul type band from the Bronx who were rather incongruously on Factory. Good stuff though.

12 Shocking Lemon - Inner Light
A Japanese Shoegaze band, as a big fan of the genre, I'm not sure how I missed them before.

13 Koreless - 4D
Supposedly dub step, but why doesn't all dub step sound like this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund